Round House Theatre launches the 2013 portion of its Bethesda season with David Mamet's Glengarry Glen Ross, which runs February 6 thru March 3. Mitchell Hébert directs this searing Pulitzer Prize-winner. Opening night is Monday, February 11, 2013.
In Glengarry Glen Ross, a group of desperate Chicago Real Estate salesmen grind out a living by pushing plots of land on reluctant buyers in a never-ending scramble for their share of the American dream. They are prepared to engage in any number of unethical, illegal acts - from lies, flattery, and threats to bribery, intimidation, and burglary - to get a piece of the action. While closing a sale can mean a new Cadillac, losing one can mean losing it all.
This Round House production features a powerhouse cast with some of DC's top actors, including Helen Hayes Award winner Rick Foucheux, Helen Hayes Award nominees Conrad Feininger and Alexander Strain, and Jeff Allin, Stephen Patrick Martin, KenYatta Rogers, and Jesse Terrill.
"Glengarry is one of the most influential and celebrated plays of the 20th century, and we've put together a phenomenal team to bring it to life," said Producing Artistic Director Ryan Rilette. "Audiences can expect a fast-moving play with loads of energy and verbal pyrotechnics."
Tickets range in price from $10 to $61 and may be purchased by calling 240.644.1100, by ordering online at www.roundhousetheatre.org, or at Round House's box office in Bethesda. Tickets for everyone age 30 and under are $10 and $15. Round House Theatre Bethesda is located at 4545 East-West Highway, one block from Wisconsin Avenue and the Bethesda station on Metro's Red Line.
Creative team: scenic designer James Kronzer, costume designer Ivania Stack, lighting designer Daniel MacLean Wagner, composer/sound designer Matthew M. Nielson, props master Michelle Elwyn, and stage manager Jennifer Schwartz
Round House Theatre Bethesda is located at 4545 East-West Highway (one block from Wisconsin Ave. and Metro's Bethesda station on the Red Line).l.
Glengarry Glen Ross runs February 6 thru March 3, 2013 with performances on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 7:30pm, Friday and Saturday at 8pm; with matinees on Saturday and Sunday at 3pm. Opening night is Monday, February 11. Please note: there is no performance on Tuesday, February 12.
Tickets range in price from $10 to $61, and can be purchased by calling 240.644.1100, ordering online at www.roundhousetheatre.org, or visiting The Box Office in Bethesda. Available discounts include: Age 30 and Under: $10 Wednesday through Friday, $15 Saturday and Sunday. Proof of age required. Call or visit The Box Office for tickets.
Pay-What-You-Can: Wednesday, February 6 at 7:30pm & Saturday, February 9 at 3pm. Pay-What-You-Can tickets go on sale in person one hour prior to curtain. Cash and exact change only, limit of 2 tickets per person.
$10 Tuesday: February 19 at 7:30pm and February 26 at 7:30pm. Side Orchestra and Side Balcony seats on these dates are available to all patrons at the discounted price of $10. 65 and older: Seniors received $10 off per full price ticket in the Orchestra and Center Balcony sections. Call The Box Office for details. Groups of 10 or more: Save up to $10 per ticket. Call 240.644.1387 for information.
- Designer Discussion (with the costume, set, lighting, and sound designers): Wednesday, February 6 at 6:45pm
- Director Discussion (with Mitchell Hébert): Friday, February 8 at 7:15pm
- Audio-described performance: Saturday, February 16 at 3pm
- Post-Show Talkbacks: Wednesday, February 6 thru Sunday, February 10, Sunday, February 17, and Sunday, February 24
- Parents' Matinee: Sunday, February 24 at 3pm. Patrons can drop off children (ages 3-12, must be potty trained) to an RHT teaching artist while they're seeing the show at this designated Sunday matinee. The kids enjoy a fun-filled afternoon of theatre games and arts activities. Childcare reservations are required in advance by 5pm on February 20 by calling 240.644.1100.
- Sign-interpreted performance: Saturday, February 23 at 3pm. Reservations for sign interpreting services must be made by February 8.